Virtual Bird School Recording - Nail Trims
How to make nail trims fun and enjoyable for everyone!
Nail trims can be a source of stress for birds as well as their people.
In this course you will learn:
- how to trim a birds nails
- how to NOT towel your bird for trims
- ways to have your bird comfortable and calm during a trim
- options for filing, cutting, and dremel-ing nails
- real videos of the process of presenting a foot for nail trimming WITHOUT RESTRAINT
- and so much more!
Robin is the owner and head instructor of Parrot SOS.
Robin has over 20 years experience working with parrots of all species. She started with a love for budgies, breeding and showing English budgies. She moved on to more academic pursuits taking Biology and Animal Behaviour at University of Calgary.
Robin has extensive training with the NEI Professional Animal Trainer Program, IAABCs Principles and Practice, Dr. Susan Friedmans' Living and Learning with Animals, ABA certificate from the Geneva Centre for Autism, Pijac Avian Certified, courses with Barbara Heidenreich, Fear Free Consultant level 1, as well as free-flight training through Cockatoo Downs.